The cameras and major programs are to be updated for the LUMIX Full Frame Mirrorless S1 and S1R firmware version 1.3.
Expanded media compatibility
CFexpress Type B card can be used. A CFexpress Type B card boasts a theoretical performance of a maximum of 2,000 Mbps. Realizing an approximately 300% higher transfer speed than that of a conventional XQD card, it supports large-volume photos and videos.
Expanded compatibility with Profoto wireless transmitters
Profoto wireless transmitters "Air Remote TTL-O/P" and "Profoto Connect-O/P" can be used, enabling wireless connection and control of external strobes for professional shooting.
Improved compatibility with Sigma interchangeable lenses and mount converter
It is now possible to assign functions to the Fn buttons of Sigma L-Mount interchangeable lenses. The performance of Body I.S. (Image Stabilizer) when attaching a lens using the Sigma MC-21 mount converter has also been enhanced and suppresses roll movement.
Improved compatibility with Panasonic interchangeable lenses
It is now possible to assign functions to the lens Fn buttons when the Panasonic LUMIX S PRO 70-200mm F2.8 O.I.S. (S-E70200) is mounted.
Improved AF performance[AF+MF] can be used in AFC mode, and it is now possible to set continuous AF on the live view screen in Creative Video mode or in other video recording modes when the video recording area is displayed.
Improved performance of High-Speed Video
It is now possible to manually set the exposure according to the video exposure mode (P/A/S/M) in High- Speed Video mode.
Other major improvements
- It is now possible to select the card slot to save the JPEG images developed by in-camera RAW processing
- An Fn button can be used for checking the aperture effect while the button is pressed
- Disabling any physical operation can be assigned to an Fn button
- AF Assist Light has been added to the Focus tab of the Video menu
- The luminance level of photos (including 6K/4K Photo and Post Focus images) can be set when playing back them over HDMI output
- AE can be locked with the [AF/AE LOCK] button when ISO Auto is set in M mode
- S1: There were cases where a blue clipping effect occurred in V-Log recording. This problem has been improved
- S1 :There were cases where afterimages occurred in V-Log recording. This problem has been improved
LUMIX Mico Four Thirds Mirrorless GH5 firmware version 2.6/ GH5s firmware version 1.4 / G9 firmware version 2.0
- Expanded compatibility with Profoto wireless transmitters
Profoto wireless transmitters "Air Remote TTL-O/P" and "Profoto Connect-O/P" can be used.
Improved AF performance
- [AF-ON: Near Shift] and [AF-ON: Far Shift] functions have been added. [AF-ON: Near Shift] preferably focuses on a subject nearby while [AF-ON: Far Shift] preferably focuses on a subject far away.
- A Focus Peaking function is available not only in MF mode but also in any AF mode.
- It is possible to set continuous AF on the live view screen in Creative Video mode or in other video recording modes when the video recording area is displayed.
- GH5S G9 Animal Detect has been added to AF mode. Utilizing Advanced AI Technology, animals, including canines, felines and birds, can be detected in addition to humans. The focus frame is automatically set on the target subject by analyzing the size and position of the target subject in the viewing image. The camera keeps tracking these subjects even when they turn their back to the camera.
- GH5S G9 It is possible to switch the subject to focus on by pressing the joystick in [Face/Eye/Body/Animal Detect.] mode.
Enhanced video functions G9
- 4K 30p/25p 4:2:2 10-bit internal recording is supported.
- 4K 60p/50p 4:2:2 10-bit HDMI output is supported.
- Luminance level for 10-bit video is supported.
- VFR (Variable Frame Rate) shooting is supported (FHD 2-180 fps/4K 2-60 fps).
- HDR video recording is supported.
- V-Log L recording and Waveform Monitor (WFM) are available with the Upgrade Software Key DMW-SFU1 (sold separately).
Other major improvements
- [AWBw]has been added to WB mode.
- [Highlight Weighted] has been added to [Metering mode].
- [Exposure Offset Adjust.] has been added to the Custom menu, which enables adjustment of the standard exposure value for all metering modes.
- [0.5SEC] has been added for an option of [Duration Time (photo)] in [Auto Review].
- AE can be locked with the [AF/AE LOCK] button when ISO Auto is set in M mode.
- [MODE1] has been added to the Live View Boost function, which increases the frame rate for smooth image displays to enable easier manual focusing.
- G9 [MODE2] has been added to High Resolution mode, which reduced subject’s motion blur.
LUMIX Sync Version 1.0.4
- Wireless connection (operation) with LUMIX GH5/GH5S/G9 is supported.
All programs will be available from the LUMIX Global Customer Support website from 19 November 2019.